7 Days 6 nights Aberdare, Samburu, Lake Naivasha and Masai Mara National Parks Safari
From $ 2950
This Safari is designed to give you an extensive experience of the Kenya’s wildlife and scenery in just one week. It takes you to 4 different amazing and unique places in the country. The Aberdare National Park, The Samburu National Park, Lake Naivasha and finally the Masai Mara National Park. After the Safari you will have experienced the cool weather in the Aberdare ranges to the hot and dry Samburu National Park, the lakeside and the mountainside and plenty of wildlife in different species and habitat.
Aberdare National Park;
The safari begins from Nairobi and travels to the Aberdare National Park with Mountain ranges and peaks soaring to around 14,000 ft. giving way to deep V-shaped valleys with streams and rivers cascading over spectacular waterfalls – this area is a must for landscape lovers.
The Treetops Lodge(a tree house) where Queen Elizabeth II ascended as a princess and descended as a queen is in Mt Kenya National Park whereas a similar Tree House (The Ark Lodge) in The Aberdare National Park.
Wildlife can be observed from different levels – from outside where you can see, hear and smell everything and inside where you can sit with a cup of tea and stay warm and cozy.
You can put in a request to be awakened during the night if your favorite animals show up. A herd of Elephants might be just feet away and if you are lucky, a Leopard or large male Lion might put in an appearance.
Samburu Game Reserve
Samburu Game Reserve is located in what used to be called the Northern Frontier District. It is approximately 40 miles north of the equator on the road that goes through to Ethiopia, Sudan and eventually reaches Cairo.
The reserve is within the lands of the colorful Samburu pastoralists, relatives of the famed Masai. This great reserve characterized by vast, open landscapes, dried riverbeds (depending on the season of the year) and red volcanic soil. Home to the famous Samburu 5 – the Long necked Gerenuk a remarkable antelope which spends much of its time on its hind legs searching for succulent leaves among the withered scrub trees. The Reticulated Giraffe which is characterized by its liver-colored geometric patches defined by narrow white lines, the Grevy’s Zebra which is smaller than the common zebra and looks more like a horse, the Beisa Oryx with black horizontal stripe running across its lower flank and the Somali Ostrich. With River Ewaso Nyiro Meandering the Park, it gives the park a beautiful overview and spectacular positions to see animals reaching for water.
Lake Naivasha is a fresh water lake in the Rift Valley of Kenya. It is unique for its closeness to Hells Gate National Park named after a narrow break in the cliffs, once a tributary of a prehistoric lake that fed early humans in the Rift Valley. It is known for its wide variety of wildlife and for its scenery. This includes the Fischer’s Tower and Central Tower columns and Hell’s Gate Gorge. The Lake has the Cresent Island and the hippo point for wildlife viewing.
Masai Mara Game Reserve;
Masai Mara Game Reserve is arguably the best park in wildlife all year round. The Park is home to the spectacular annual Wildebeest migration between the month of June and August as thousands of the wildebeests and zebras travel from Serengeti into Masai Mara crossing the Mara River. This crossing is truly the greatest episode of the entire migration. Hot on their heels are the predators of the savannah – lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures. The banks of the Mara River provide one of the best vantage point to witness the drama. The Park is an open grassland with the largest population of animals and therefore makes it easy to see as many animals and actions as possible.
- This Safari gives you the best experience wildlife safaris. In the 7 days you are guaranteed of a lot of fun, learning and special moments.
- The scenery and the wildlife will give satisfaction for the Safari as you learn and enjoy the wild.
- All the hospitable communities you will meet and interact with will leave you wanting to come back more.
- You will enjoy the hotels and lodges in their different cultures and ways of service and uniqueness.
Day 1: Nairobi- Aberdare National Park
- You will meet Tembo Voyages driver/guide at your Nairobi hotel and after short briefing about the safari, drive you to Aberdare National Park with a brief stop at the view point where you will see the Great Rift Valley from the top of the escapement.
- Lunch will be taken at Aberdare Country Club and after lunch set off for the Ark tree lodge, located in the forest on mountain slopes of the Aberdare Mountains at 7,000 feet. This outstanding lodge offers high altitude game viewing, including animals that are rarely encountered elsewhere: giant forest hog, bush pig, tree hyrax, large spotted genet, and the elusive bongo.
- Wildlife can be observed from different levels – and from outside where you can see, hear and smell everything and inside where you can sit with a cup of tea and stay warm and cozy. A herd of Elephants might be just feet away and if you are lucky, a Leopard or large male Lion might put in an appearance.
- Dinner and Overnight at the Ark lodge or equivalent lodge/camp.
Meal Plan – Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Aberdare National Park- Samburu Game Reserve
- After breakfast you check out of the lodge and drive to Samburu Game Reserve. Samburu is fiercely beautiful with its arid savannahs watered by the lovely Ewaso Nyiro River. It is also one of Kenya’s most protected areas and home to species only found north of the equator, from the reticulated giraffe to Grevy’s Zebras and Beisa Oryx.
- We arrive at the lodge in time for lunch and a rest in the rest of the time.
- Dinner and Overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Full Day at Samburu Game Reserve
- Dawn breaks in golden bands as we start our day in the bush before the dew is off the grass, we’re off in pursuit of the “Big five” Elephants, Lions, Leopards, and Cheetahs that thrive in the reserve’s grasslands and acacia woodlands. And so the day is spent in alternating pursuits of exploration in the bush and relaxation at our lodge.
- A visit to the Samburu village may be arranged.
- Dinner and Overnight at the lodge.
Meal Plan –Lunch and Dinner.
Day 4: Samburu Game Reserve- Lake Naivasha
- After an early breakfast we depart from Samburu and drive to Lake Naivasha arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon at leisure with any of the below optional activities at extra cost.
Optional Activities in Naivasha:
- Hells gate National Reserve:USD 26 Per Person. The only reserve in Kenya where you can enjoy game viewing while on a Bicycle or a horse back.
- Boat ride:USD 30 Per person.
- Visit to Crescent Island:USD 40 Per Person.
Dinner & Overnight at the lodge
Day 5: Lake Naivasha – Masai Mara Game Reserve
- After an early morning breakfast, we set off for the highlight of your safari, the world’s famous Masai Mara Game Reserve. Enjoy a game drive en-route to your lodge where you might encounter some of the “Big Five” (Lion. Elephant. Buffalo. Rhino. Leopard.) And you will most certainly be impressed by the wide variety of species present in this area. The Masai Mara has the highest concentration of land mammals compared to all other parks.
- We arrive at the lodge in time for lunch and afterwards an evening game drive.
- Dinner and Overnight at the lodge.
Day 6: Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Spend one more exciting day with unlimited game drives exploring the Mara, home to the proud and traditional Masai tribe. The Mara is more than just the most popular wildlife park in the country; in many cases it is the reason why people come to visit Kenya. This is a classic African savanna, and the sheer density of wildlife is amazing. Gazelle, wildebeest and zebra graze in large numbers and where prey is found so are predators. Watered by the Mara River and its tributary the Talek, the park here comprised of 1510 sq kilometers of open grassland.
- We can arrange a visit to a local Masai Village which will give you an opportunity to interact with the locals and learn their culture or a sundowner or bush dinner or a balloon safari.
- Dinner & Overnight at the lodge.
Meal Plan – Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
Day 7: Masai Mara Game Reserve – Nairobi
- Enjoy your breakfast and thereafter proceed back to Nairobi. You will have the afternoon in Nairobi to do some shopping and dinner at the famous carnivore restaurant or rest as you prepare for your flight back home.
Meal Plan – Lunch and Dinner.
- Extensive Game drives
- Pre–tour itinerary document
- All applicable Game Park Entrance Fees
- 3 Meals per Day included while on safari
- Accommodations in Nairobi and Samburu National Park in luxury hotels and lodges.
- A Pop up Safari vehicle carrying cold soft drinks and Mineral Water
- Round trip transport from Nairobi and back.
- International Airfare
- A visit to a Masai Village
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
- Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
- Hot Air Ballooning, Nature Walks etc. (optional)
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls, alcoholic and non – alcoholic drinks not included in the package.
- Up to 5 years sharing with adult/s – No Charge
- Over 5 years up to 12 years sharing with 1 or 2 adults, 50% of applicable rates.
- Over 12 years of age 100% of applicable rates.
- The rates are on Per Person Sharing and a minimum of 2 people.
- The tour is based on luxury hotels/lodges. However, we are always ready to work with any other lodge of your choice or as may be available.
- We remind you to carry all your travel documents required for your safari in addition to your personal effects.