4 Days 3 Nights Lake Nakuru and Samburu Game Reserve Safari
From $ 1810
The 4 Days / 3 Nights Lake Nakuru and Samburu National Parks Safari is designed to give you an amazing experience in the Great Rift Valley scenery, the birds and wildlife within a short period of time.
Lake Nakuru National Park;
Lake Nakuru National Park lies in central of Kenya. Its 140 km from west of Nairobi, in Nakuru district of the Rift Valley Province. The ecosystem comprises of the lake, surrounded by mainly wooded and bushy grasslands. The park supports a wide range of ecological diversity with flamingos (Greater and lesser) and other water birds being the major attractions of the area. The ecosystem provides for about 56 different species of mammals including the white rhino and buffaloes and a variety of terrestrial birds nearly 450 species.
Samburu National Park;
Samburu National Reserve is certainly in amongst the more well-known of Kenya’s parks and accordingly has become relatively busy over the years. The main areas for game viewing are along the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro that runs east to west through the park. A great location as the surface waters dry off during the dry season, the game viewing is pretty much guaranteed!
Samburu National Reserve is made up of scrubby, open bush land and savanna, with the fringing riverine forest of acacias and large doum palms extending along the edge of the Ewaso Ngiro. This river is the heart of the park, as it not only makes it a beautiful and very photogenic park (contrasting against the bright and dry red soil), but also attracts a diversity of wildlife all year round. A range of animals come down to the river to drink and cool off in, and with crocodiles and hippos hiding in the shallow sand banks, surprises always await! Samburu National Reserve also has a particularly high elephant populations, and big families of them too! This is because the park is a migratory corridor that herds use daily, moving between Laikipia, Samburu and Mount Kenya for food, mating and minerals.
Day 1: Nairobi – Lake Nakuru National Park
- Pick up from your Nairobi city hotel and depart to the famous Lake Nakuru National Park or Pinky Lake, stopping at the view point of the Great Rift Valley. We arrive at the lodge in time for lunch.
- After lunch proceed for a game-drive within Lake Nakuru National Park to view flamingos, other water birds and various species of animals with an excellent chances for spotting the white rhino as the park contains a sanctuary for the conservation of this rare animal which is an endangered species.
- Dinner and Overnight at the lodge.
Meal Plan – Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Lake Nakuru National Park / Samburu Game Reserve
- After an early morning breakfast we depart for Samburu Game Reserve with a stop over at the Thompson Falls and Nanyuki town for lunch.
- We arrive at the lodge in Samburu later in the afternoon and rest.
- Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Meal plan – Dinner
Day 3: Samburu Game Reserve
- Morning and afternoon game drives in Samburu with a lunch and leisure break at the lodge. Samburu is north of the equator and contains rare animal species, which for long period of time without water including the reticulated giraffe, grevy’s zebra, the blue-shanked Somali Ostrich, the gerenuk or giraffe and the beisa oryx also known as (the Samburu 5).
- Dinner and Overnight at the lodge.
Meal plan – Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
Day 4: Samburu Game Reserve – Nairobi.
- We start with an early morning game drive to get the early morning action before the animals get under the shades and return back for breakfast.
- After breakfast depart for Nairobi with lunch en route. In clear weather the peak of Mt. Kenya may be seen and you will by-pass very pleasant countryside with coffee and tea plantations. Arrive in the evening at your Nairobi Hotel.
Meal plan – Breakfast.
- Accommodation, transfers and meals in Nairobi
- Extensive Game drives
- Pre–tour itinerary document
- All meals included while on safari
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees
- Guaranteed window seating with open top.
- A Pop up safari vehicles carrying cold soft drinks and mineral water.
- Finest accommodations in both Lake Nakuru and Samburu National Parks
- Round trip transport from Nairobi and back
- International Airfare
- A visit to a Masai Village
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
- Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning, Nature walks e.t.c.
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- Up to 5 years sharing with adult/s – No Charge
- Over 5 years up to 12 years sharing with 1 or 2 adults, 50% of applicable rates.
- Over 12 years of age 100% of applicable rates.
- The rates are on Per Person Sharing and a minimum of 2 people.
- The tour is based on luxury hotels/lodges. However, we are always ready to work with any other lodge of your choice or as may be available.
- We remind you to carry all your travel documents required for your safari in addition to your personal effects.