Tembo Voyages Terms and Conditions
- The following booking terms and conditions (“booking conditions”) form the basis of your contract with Tembo Voyages. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these terms and conditions and agree to them.
- All references in these booking conditions to “holiday”, “booking”, “contract”, “package”, “tour” or “arrangements” mean such holiday arrangements unless otherwise stated.
- In these booking conditions, “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them, as the context requires and “lead name” means the person who makes the booking. “We”, “us” and “our” means Tembo Voyages.
Reservations & Deposits
- Early reservations are recommended. All services are strictly on a request basis, both for air travel and land requirements and subject to availability of seats and hotel/lodge/camp rooms. A guaranteed non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total tour cost is required within 7 days from the date of confirmation of services.
- Reservations made for travel within 45 days will require full payment at the time of reservation.
- In the event of services requested not being available, alternative services will be offered. If alternative services are not acceptable, your payment will be refunded in full.
- Some suppliers may require higher deposit and the same will be advised to you at the time of booking. Please be aware that some airfares require full payment at time of booking and will be advised to you accordingly.
Final or Balance Due Payment
- Guaranteed payment of all balances due is no later than 45 days prior to departure date. If payment of the balance due is not received by the stipulated date, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without refund of deposit.
Credit Card Payment
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards are accepted as form of payment. Credit card payments require that the passenger complete and sign the authorization form, and return the same to us. No services will be provided without receipt of the hard-copy of the signed authorization form. Third party payments have restrictions.
Refunds, Charges & Cancellations
- If you or anyone on your holiday booking decides to cancel the holiday, the lead name must notify us of the decision as soon as possible. Any notification by telephone must also be confirmed in writing or by e-mail within 24-hours by the lead name. Cancellation will take effect from the day we are notified provided that written confirmation is received by us within 24-hours of the original notification.
- A cancellation invoice will be sent to you or your travel agent within 7 days, if you do not receive this please contact us immediately in order to prevent an increase in charges.
The following scale of charges will be payable depending on when the notification of cancellation is received. Amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation. References to the deposit include all sums paid or payable at the time of booking.
Up to 60 days prior to departure: Loss of the non-refundable deposit paid.
59 to 42 days prior to departure: 25% of the total tour cost.
41 to 21 days prior to departure: 75% of the tour cost
20 to 0 days prior to departure and now-show on date of travel or after departure: 100% non-
- Airfares (when purchased through us are subject to different rules and cancellation fees. Some airfares may be non-refundable once the booking is confirmed regardless of when it was made. Details will be provided at the time of booking. As well, other suppliers of services at the destination may apply an addition to the above mentioned cancellation and amendment fees.
- There will be no refunds for any unused land arrangements after departure.
- We would strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance which provides cover against loss of deposit or cancellation fees.
- If you have taken advantage of an airline offer as detailed on the relevant page and paid a higher deposit, the cancellation charge payable by you will be the higher of this deposit or the appropriate cancellation charge detailed above.
- All clients must take out adequate travel insurance and show evidence thereof. It is very important that you take insurance close to the time of booking so that you receive protection for your deposit and interim payments.
- Your insurance must take account of the nature of the holiday and clients must specify to the insurance company if they intend climbing, trekking, scuba diving etc.
- The policy should also have repatriation cover in the event of a serious accident.
- Clients must take the Certificate of Insurance on the holiday, leaving a copy at home.
Changes to Reservation
- Changes to itinerary are subject to a $25.00 service fee per change. Additional services are considered to be a booking and exempt from these charges.
- Any changes made after the travel documents have been issued will be subject to a minimum administration fee of $50 per change in addition to the service fees.
- Changes made after travel documents have been issued also carry change fees as stipulated by the suppliers which are in addition to administration charges as mentioned above.
- All travellers must be in possession of a passport that must remain valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date of conclusion of their journey.
- Tour participants must ensure that they comply with all visa and health requirements of countries they intend to visit.
- A visa or visas may be required for some or all of the countries visited on the selected safari or holiday.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that all his or her passport and visa requirements are met.
- Health regulations for some countries visited on featured safaris and holidays may require proof of inoculation and/or vaccination certificate.
- Any inoculations required must be recorded on a valid inoculation certificate and in your possession for inspection at customs/immigration and should be in your possession throughout the entire tour.
- Please be aware that entry into other countries after a safari or holiday in parts of Africa may require valid yellow-fever inoculation and that entry into that country may be denied when travelling without proper and valid health documents.
Accommodations and services at the destination are contracted in local currencies and/or US Dollars.
- Due to frequent fluctuations in currency exchange, prices listed in your safari or holiday is subject to change with or without notice and surcharges may apply.
- When given advance notice by the supplier of price increase in excess of seven percent (7%), and if we have received your deposit, you would be given the opportunity to pay in full to avoid such increase (should it occur) or cancel your booking without penalty.
Unused Portion of Tours
- No refund will be made for any unused accommodations, missed meals, transportation segments, cruise portions, sightseeing tours or any other service. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable.
- Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the most up to date and correct prices are shown on our website, there may on occasion be an incorrect price shown, due to an unfortunate error. When we become aware of any such error, we will endeavor to notify you at the time of booking (if we are then aware of the mistake) or within 7 days of the time of booking, or as soon as reasonably possible. We must reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price which is actually applicable to the holiday in which case, you will be given the choice to amend your booking to an alternative holiday, at the correct price.
- Accommodations on twin occupancy basis, is provided at the hotels/lodges/camps as specified or similar. Single room supplements apply to persons occupying sole use of hotel room but travelling with other passengers on the same safari or holiday and sharing transport cost on transfers, game drives, sightseeing and excursions.
- Quoted single room rate does not necessarily mean single occupancy of a double room, as some of the establishments featured in this web site have especially designed single occupancy units.
- A single individual requesting sole use of hotel room and exclusive use of ground transportation for transfers, game drives, sightseeing and excursions may request a special Single Rate.
- Requests for upgrading rooms are subject to additional charges.
- Handicapped or non-smoking rooms are always on a request basis subject to availability but not subject to additional costs.
- All hotel taxes, service charges and government taxes are included in the tour price.
- The right is reserved to substitute hotels should conditions warrant such change for reasons beyond our control.
- Rooms are assigned by the respective supplier(s) on a run-of-the-house basis, in category(ies) as specified in the itinerary.
- Living standards and practices at the destination and standards and conditions with respect to the provision of utilities, services and accommodation may differ from those found in your home Country.
Meals & Beverages
- Meals as included on individual safaris and holidays are either buffet meals and/or table d’hôte At times special meals and entertainment are included as shown in the itinerary.
- Meals ordered through room service are not included and must be paid directly to the establishment.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, and bottled water are included only where indicated on select safaris and holidays.
- On other itineraries all drinks are to purchased and paid directly to the establishments.
Non Refundable Airline Tickets
- If you are purchasing a non-refundable air ticket, please ensure that your travel agent provides detailed regulation governing such airfares. Tembo Voyages cannot be held responsible for any change and/or cancellation penalties associated with non-refundable airfares.
Building & Development Works
- Many hotels and resorts are continuing to develop, sometimes rapidly and intensively and often with little or no advance warning. Whilst we have no control over such work, as a responsible tour operator, it is important to us that you are aware of any significant building/refurbishment work that may be going on during your stay.
- General refurbishment at hotels is necessary to maintain standards but if we are informed of such work where this can reasonably be expected to have an effect on your holiday, we will endeavor to notify you of it as soon as possible, however near to your departure this may be.
- The payment for a reservation on a published tour or customized itinerary shall constitute consent to all provisions in the terms & conditions list published herein.
- Please be aware of the hazards of traveling in undeveloped areas as your participation in a Tembo Voyages or holiday may create certain risks and dangers including but not limited to the forces of nature, political unrest, travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft or other means of conveyance, accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities.
- Tembo Voyages will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. You are voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge of dangers involved and hereby agree to accept any risks.
- AS LAWFUL CONSIDERATION for the agreement with Tembo Voyages to participate in such trips and activities you hereby agree that you will not make a claim against Tembo Voyages, or sue for bodily injury, emotional trauma, death and/or property damage, however caused, as a result of your participation in the safari or holiday. You therefore release Tembo Tours Voyages and its employees from any and all claims, known or unknown, arising from your participation in a tour.
- This release of Liability and Assumption of Risk agreement is entered into on behalf of all members of your group including minors accompanying you.
- This agreement is binding on your heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
- If any portion of this agreement is unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Any litigation involving this contract and any of our published or customized safaris and holidays can be brought only in courts of competent jurisdiction in the republic of Kenya
- The airlines used in conjunction with safaris and holidays featured in this web site are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passenger(s) is not/are not onboard their aircraft.
- The passenger tickets in use by the airline, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the airline and passenger/s.
- Airfares, where used, are current at the time of publishing the relevant web pages and are subject to change without notice.
- Tembo Voyages acts only in the capacity as an agent for the hotels, airlines, bus companies, railroads, ship lines, and/or contractors providing accommodations, transportation or other services and as such, purchases such transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant and other services from various independent suppliers.
- Tembo Voyages does not control the operations of these suppliers of services and as a result, cannot be held liable for any personal injury, property damage or other claim which may occur as the result of any wrongful, negligent or arbitrary acts or omissions on the part of the independent supplier, agent, its employees or others who are not under the direct control or supervision of Tembo Voyages; or for defects or failures of any vessel, aircraft, vehicle or other instrumentality which is under the control of an independent supplier; or loss, injury or damage to person, property or otherwise, resulting directly or indirectly from any Acts of God, dangers, incidents at sea, fire, breakdown in machinery or equipment, or wars (whether declared or not), hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferage, medical epidemics, quarantines, or customs regulations, defaults, delays or cancellations or alterations in itinerary due to schedule changes, or from any causes beyond its control.
- Further, Tembo Voyages is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from insufficient or improperly issued passports, visas or other legal documents.
- All coupons, exchange orders, receipts, contracts and tickets issued by Tembo Voyages are issued subject to any and all tariffs, terms, and conditions under which any services are provided by such hotels, airlines, bus companies, railroads, ship lines or owners or contractors or by their person in employ.
- Tembo Voyages (when deemed necessary) reserves the right to cancel any itinerary or any part of it or to make any alterations to the itinerary (including, but not limited to, alterations to substitution of hotels), and decline to accept or to retain any person as a tour passenger should such person’s health, mental or physical condition, in the sole opinion of Tembo Voyages, impede the operation of the tour of the other passengers. In such a case, Tembo Voyages will refund any monies that can be recovered for the unused portion of the tour, taking into account any additional charges incurred.
- Other than to refund such sum, Tembo Voyages will accept no further liability or obligation toward that person or third party.