Privacy and Security
- Your privacy is of great importance and therefore we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data given to us by our clients and partners.
- Tembo Voyages Privacy Statement describes how and why we use and process your personal data and also tells you how to contact us if you have questions about the same.
- We might amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we amend or otherwise make changes to this privacy and we’ll notify you of these changes before we start applying them.
- By downloading, accessing or using our websites or content, or using our site on a mobile phone, tablet or similar device or providing information to us in connection with our websites, mobile applications or other sites or services, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement. If you disagree with this Privacy Statement, you should discontinue using our services.
Reason for Data Collection
- To help you book the flights, hotels and tours with information such as your name, preferred contact details, the names of anybody traveling with you, and your payment information. This information is used to contact you about your reservation or address any issue that may arise.
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website and we will not sell or provide this information to any outside parties, except as outlined in this privacy statement.
Type of Data Collected
- To process your reservations, we may collect name, phone numbers, billing address, IP address, e-mail, birth date, passport number, personal ID numbers and payment information such as credit card numbers or bank account numbers.
- Information collected may include the time stamps of when you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use, and information about your operating system. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you and duration.
- We may collect personal data you give us directly as you access our services. We may also receive personal data from third parties, for example, if you interact with us through social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Sharing of your Personal Data
- We may divulge your personal data to our relevant partners only when it is necessary for the purposes of serving you, and on the legal basis set out in this notice.
- We may divulge your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers in so far as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and/or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- Financial transactions based on online services are handled by our payment service providers. We will share transaction data with our payment service providers only to the extent necessary for the processing your payments, any refund of such payments and dealing with complaints and queries.
- We may divulge your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person. We may also divulge your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Use of your Personal Data
- We may process data about your use of our website and services. Information such as geographical location, IP, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. This usage data may be processed for the purpose of analytics.
- We may process your personal data that are provided in the course of the use of our services. The service data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communication.
- We may process information that you post on our website and it may be processed for the purpose of serving you and improving our services.
- We may process information contained in any inquiry you submit to us for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant services to you.
- We may process information relating to financial transactions for the purpose of supplying the purchased services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
- We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this notice where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this notice where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice.
Data Storage Duration
- Your personal data will be retained for no longer than is necessary subject to this privacy statement to enable you to use our services, to provide our services to you, to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business, including to detect and prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
- Great measures have been taken to protect your personal data. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. All of information collected are encrypted and protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL.
- Offline personal data are stored in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data by our employees or third parties.
Access to Your Data
If you have any queries about this Privacy Statement or about your personal
- Regarding your personal data, you have the following rights:-
1.Your principal rights under data protection laws of the Republic of Kenya.
2. The right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data, and where we do, access to the personal data together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data.
3. The right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
4. The right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay under circumstances. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
5. The right to restrict the processing of your personal data under circumstances. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
6. The right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
7. The right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes including profiling for direct marketing purposes. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
8. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- a consent or
- that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
9. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawing.